Wednesday, January 18, 2017

You Love Fishing...

Hey everyone! I'm back with two more samples for Paper Smooches! As soon as I saw the fish in the Courteous Cuties stamp set I knew a layout would be in my future! During the fall, my son and I would often go out fishing before school started and I had the perfect photo of one of his catches!



Supplies Used: Paper Smooches (Courteous Cuties, Courteous Cuties Die Set, For You Tag Die setHappy Birthday Die Set, You Are Loved Die Set,  Ocean Scene Die SetPaw Print Die Set), Copics, Spectrum Noir, Tsukineko Memento Ink, Beacon Adhesive

I stamped the fish repeatedly on the cardstock to create the school of fish. I kept the coloring simple, but simply adding dots of blues/grey for the background. I added two fish to twine to look like caught fish. 


The sentiment "you're awesome" actually comes from the "you're turtley awesome" stamp in the Courteous Cuties set. I did a bit of stamp surgery on it. Don't be afraid to cut your stamps. You can easily position them back together if you want. 

The tag die in For You Die Set created the background of tags for the photo. To create some tags a bit longer, I used a partial die cutting technique. I moved my tag off the edge of my Big Shot Plates so it didn't cut through. Next I inched the die down the paper to extend the tag length and cut it the rest of the way. 

To create the bottom of the lake, I die cut a LOT of rocks with the Ocean Scene Die Set from cardstock and cork. And then I painstakingly glued each one down to make it look random and natural. 



I cut the letter "d" off the loved die cut from You Are Loved and got rid of the "are" to create the title "you love fishing".

I also die cut the word "happy" from Happy Birthday 2 Die Cut Set and used it as an embellishment. 

I think I used every single new January product on this layout with the exception of the Courteous Cuties 2 sentiment set! 

For my next project, but created a sign for the bear to hold with the sentiment "Free Bear Hugs" in place of the flower that was in his hand. I die cut hearts using the Paw Prints Die Set. I added details using the Stitched Die Set.

Supplies Used: Paper Smooches (Courteous Cuties, Courteous Cuties 2, Paw Prints Die Set) Tsukineko Memento Ink, Copics, Spectrum Noir, Beacon Zip Dry Adhesive 

No comments: